Bug in ValueRule

So after several hours of frustration, I realized I found a bug in the ValueRule node inside of a DisplayRule node.

This:

<EnableRule Id=”SLA.EnableRule.DocGenTrue”>
<ValueRule Default=”false” Field=”new_sladocumentgenerated” Value=”true”></ValueRule>
</EnableRule>

works just fine.  However, once you put it inside of a DisplayRule node it breaks and returns false and does not display the button.  You need to change it to this:

<DisplayRule Id=”SLA.DisplayRule.DocGenTrue”>
<ValueRule Default=”false” Field=”new_sladocumentgenerated” Value=”1″ InvertResult=”false”></ValueRule>
</DisplayRule>

Notice that the Value attribute is no longer “true” it is “1”.  True/False doesn’t seem to work inside of the DisplayRule node.  Hope this helps someone else.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: